Monday 13 April 2015

Reflection on presentation

The thought of presentations make me very nervous. I get frightened at the thought of presenting in front of an audience, even after many experiences with it in school. I tend to freak out when everyone is looking at me talk for a sustained period of time. This ES1102 presentation has been an enriching one. It was good to get constructive feedback from classmates and tutor about my presentation style and to get tips on how to improve on it.

I may have seemed confident in front of the class but I felt as if I was disorganized due to my nervousness. I felt like I could have articulated my ideas more clearly and not stumble over my words so often. I did not memorize my script. Instead, I listed down the important points I wanted to address during the presentation and I realized it help me with a smoother transition. Also, many of my classmates have commented how I moved a lot and it can get a bit distracting during presentation. It seemed natural to me as I am usually not able to keep still at one spot. However, I should adopt a more firm stance and posture while talking in front of an audience.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aisyah!

    Well done for your presentation! :D

    Haha! I bet everyone felt the same way presenting in front of everyone too :D Practice makes perfect, we can try to present more (though it's kinda scary still! hahaha).

    You managed to capture the audience’s attention throughout your presentation. It is very engaging and entertaining.

    The content and PowerPoint slides are well organized with a clear flow. Your slides are very creative and straight to the point. You manage to use it to complement your presentation, referring to it for cues rather than reading off the slides. ☺

    Your topic is well defined at the start and you mentioned the agents of change, implemented solutions as well as the evaluated solutions quite clearly.

    The way you start your presentation by bringing in your personal experience allows the audience to relate to it. You make it engaging by asking questions and this captures our attention. Nice start! ☺

    Volume and the pace of your speech are just right. There is appropriate use of pauses and use of eye contact. You are very enthusiastic, smiley and confident, making the presentation seem lively. Good job!

    Your language use is very fluent and your pronunciation is accurate, however as we have already mentioned, do be careful of the use of fillers such as ‘lah’ & ‘so’. Also, do be careful of having too many body movements. You seem to be bouncing around a lot and beware of habits like touching your hair while presenting.

    Overall, well done Aisyah! We did it! :D

    ReplyDelete